Yes, live streaming music on hold for iPitomy
The inevitable transition from older Key and PBX systems to IP-based phone systems continues, and Easy On Hold is at the forefront of IP music on hold. With its newest release, IP-PBX systems provider IPitomy allows integration of the Easy On Hold streaming solution for music and messages on hold.
Contact us for information and a free test stream.
Set Up Your iPitomy Stream for MOH
- From the PBX Setup=>Music on Hold page, locate the Create a Playlist section. Choose Streaming. Streaming will pull from the URL provided by Easy On Hold.
- Click Add
- Enter a single word description of the playlist in the Name field.
- Set the URL to your streaming source. The URL will be provided for you by Easy On Hold. Copy and paste the URL.
- Click the "Save Changes" button to save the changes.
- Click on the Apply Changes link at the top of the page to save the information and commit the changes to the database.
- The new Playlist name is added to the playlist on the Music on Hold page.
Note, IPitomy, which uses the SIP standard, randomly assigns RTP ports in the range of 10,000-20,000. The music on hold stream should avoid using ports in that range.
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTICE
All music on hold must be properly licensed, either through the appropriate Performing Rights Organization in your country, or a licensed provider, such as Easy On Hold. Beware of your licensing liabilities before putting music on hold.
About iPitomy Communications
iPitomy Communications is a premier pure voice over IP PBX system that is meeting a market demand internationally for a feature-rich, price competitive Unified Communications Business System. IPitomy designs and manufactures a complete line of IP telephony equipment including IP PBX Systems, IP Telephones, Desktop Call Manager and Call Center Software. For more information visit ipitomy.com.
Why streaming is a better solution
- Audio is a clear 128k stream, not a compressed 8 bit audio file.
- No need to continuously manage audio files.
- Marketing content is streamed from customer portal by Easy On Hold.
- Automated message scheduling is handled by the Easy On Hold Server.
- Priority scheduling: more important content plays more often.
- Flexible: just log in to your Easy On Hold account to make changes any time.
- Low bandwidth consumption.