Avaya Streaming Music On Hold: Just Plug In Your Easy On Hold Stream URL
Communication Manager can utilize the IP address information of a Music on Hold (MoH) streaming server to play music when a call is placed on hold. In Avaya documentation, a SHOUTcast streaming radio station is essentially an http stream.
Note: Only MP3 format for media files is supported (AAC is not supported).
Easy On Hold Provides custom http mp3 streams at 128kbps.
View pdf: Official Avaya Aura Update Release Notes, including new music on hold with streaming URL from Easy On Hold.
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTICE
All music on hold must be properly licensed, either through the appropriate Performing Rights Organization in your country, or a licensed provider, such as Easy On Hold. Beware of your licensing liabilities before putting music on hold.
Why streaming is a better solution
- Audio is a clear 128k stream, not a compressed 8 bit audio file.
- No need to continuously manage audio files.
- Marketing content is streamed from customer portal by Easy On Hold.
- Automated message scheduling is handled by the Easy On Hold Server.
- Priority scheduling: more important content plays more often.
- Flexible: just log in to your Easy On Hold account to make changes any time.
- Low bandwidth consumption.