Music Streaming In Avaya 7+
Continuous music streaming capabilities, administration, and monitoring are enhanced in Avaya Aura® MS 7.7 Feature Pack 1:
- Administration of music streaming providers in Element manager pages is improved.
- Avaya Aura® MS Element Manager includes page for monitoring the status of music streaming providers which includes improved error reporting. Per stream statistics are displayed and include bandwidth statistics and the codec being used. Details about the current song being played, including song title and artist information, are displayed when song metadata is available.
- Avaya Aura® MS supports up to 64 music streams from any provider. The previous limit was eight, with at most one HTTP/MP3 URL, and at most one RSS URL supported.
- Avaya Aura® MS supports HTTP Live Streaming (HLS).
- HTTP/MP3 and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) providers automatically records 15 minutes of content. The recorded content provides a backup when the streaming server is unreachable.
Avaya Streaming Music On Hold: Just Plug In Your Easy On Hold Stream URL
Communication Manager can utilize the IP address information of a Music on Hold (MoH) streaming server to play music when a call is placed on hold. In Avaya documentation, a SHOUTcast streaming radio station is essentially an http stream.
Note: Only MP3 format for media files is supported (AAC is not supported).
Easy On Hold Provides custom http mp3 streams at 128kbps.