One very easy way is to use an MP3 stream and the basic MPG123 command-line player. For this example we are using a free acoustic music on hold test stream provided by Easy On Hold® Courtesy of Voneto Blog, Corey McFadden
- Log into your FreePBX interface and navigate to the “Music on Hold” menu, under settings in recent versions of FreePBX.
- Click ‘Add Streaming Category’.
- The Category Name is arbitrary, so you can just type MOH Stream.
- For Application, we’re going to use MPG123 to play the steam here. Make a note of this command line, as you’ll need to get the resampling parameters right.
- /usr/bin/mpg123 -q -r 8000 -f 8192 --mono -s http://streaming3.easyonhold.com:80/streaming/571c0e9d842994b02cd5db6a334b4efa
- Leave the ‘Optional Format’ field blank.
- Submit changes. Now you’ve now got an MOH class ready to use wherever you want on your system.
Copyright © Voneto LLC. All rights reserved.