Avaya streaming music on hold is becoming more popular for call centers using Avaya 7+ with Aura Call Manager. Business and marketing teams are able to modify an audio stream from Easy On Hold® by logging in to their own control panel. The tech team is no longer involved in the process of updating messages on hold.
Since the debut of Avaya 7.0 with Aura Media Server, call centers have been able to easily deploy an external URL as the hold music source. In Aura Media Server, inbound streams can be in either http/mp3 or http Live Streaming (HLS). The media server supports up to 64 music streams across all of the supported providers.
Resources: Why The Time Is Right For Avaya Streaming Music On Hold
- Easy On Hold® can provide you with a free test stream for Avaya Aura MS.
- Easy On Hold has published an article that talks about live streaming audio on business phone systems. Read The Report: Messages On Hold For Contact Centers Using Avaya 7.0+
- To learn about custom content being placed on a live stream for your Avaya phone system, listen to examples of actual live streams for phone systems.
Caller transfer and hold times continue to be a weak link in call handling scenarios. Audio files have been deployed to let callers know they’re still connected to the queue, however, there are sound quality and other issues. New technologies allow live streaming audio to be integrated, providing simplification of content management, in addition to branding opportunities. In particular, Avaya 7+ with Avaya Aura provides the ideal integration for content streams in hold queues. Easy On Hold is the leader in providing streaming on-hold audio and is an ideal technology
6 Reasons to use Avaya Streaming Music On Hold
In many cases today, streaming audio is simplifying programming for administrators.
- Streams do not take up storage
- Content is managed in cloud, not on phone system
- Authorized login option for modifying content
- Local tech team no longer managing/loading audio files
- Continuous stream of changing music provides variety
- The deployment of streaming audio can be as simple as entering an http URL into a text field on the phone interface.
Messages On Hold on Avaya Unified Communications Platform
Avaya Aura® Media Server Streaming MoH from an External Source [7.0.1] Communication Manager can utilize the IP address information of a Music on Hold (MoH) streaming server to play music when a call is placed on hold. HTTP(s) MP3 stream is supported. The streaming protocol accepts the standard HTTP/MP3 streaming provided by Easy On Hold. AAC format is not supported.
Music streams managed by this feature play continuously in the background, similar to a CD on repeat or a radio broadcast. Each stream can be replicated efficiently to thousands of endpoints.
As a failover feature, Aura automatically records 15 minutes of content as a backup when if the streaming server is unreachable.
Avaya Streaming Music On Hold Transcoding
Each music stream is transcoded one time by Avaya Aura® MS. The transcoded stream is shared across all sessions using the same codec. The media server uses the G.722 codec to encode the audio.
You can easily view the status of each stream. Streams are buffered to provide a 15-minute fail-over backup audio file.
Avaya Implementation And Administering Guide for Aura 7.7
Avaya engineers who need information on implementing Avaya streaming music on hold will find details in the Avaya Implementation And Administering Guide for Aura 7.7.
Background Information on Avaya Aura
Avaya developed Aura as a way to unify communication needs in the call center and medium-to-large-size business. Within Aura lies Avaya Communication Manager
Using a unique application of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), the Avaya Aura Platform unifies media, networks, devices, applications and presence across a common infrastructure.
Avaya Aura® Communication Manager is an open, extensible IP telephony platform that can be deployed as an IP PBX or feature server supporting a SIP-only environment, or as an evolution server supporting both SIP and non-SIP environments.
Avaya Streaming Music On Hold is a significant opportunity for your organization. Some of the benefits:
- Simplification of programming (automated by Easy On Hold)
- Reduced team involvement (changing audio files)
- Higher quality audio source
- Reduced repetition, leading to higher customer satisfaction
- Reliable and supported by Avaya
- Easily deployed to specific endpoints
- Multiple streams can be utilized for specific user groups
Upgrades Increasingly Support Streaming Music On Hold
Easy On Hold® is the leader in providing streaming on hold audio and is an ideal technology partner for turnkey outsourced MOH streaming service. The introduction of streaming custom music and messages on hold by Easy On Hold, IP PBX platforms are increasingly making accommodations for a custom URL as the music on hold source.
Warning: Performance Licenses Required
Unlicensed music streams for music on hold can be a legal disaster for your organization. Avaya would be wise to publish warnings about copyright infringement liability that are prudent with the new streaming capabilities.
Latest posts by Tim Brown (see all)
- Unplugged: Digital MOH For Call Center Platforms - August 26, 2020
- Hold Music or Messages On Hold? - August 21, 2020
- Guide To The Best Professional Voicemail Greeting Recordings - April 30, 2020